Every year, HURST organises various fundraising activities to support different local charities. This year, we’re fundraising for Mustard Tree - a charity that works with the impoverished and marginalised. Since 1994, Mustard Tree has transformed the lives of people in Greater Manchester who are trapped in poverty or homelessness, by enabling them to gain the skills and self-confidence they need to reach their full potential.
Last year, we scaled three of the country’s highest mountains. This year, we’ve chosen to up the bar and we’ll be cycling through three different European countries. On 30th June, 15 of our team members will set off on a three day cycle starting in Hull, going through Belgium, Holland, France and back to Belgium.
Take a look at the ground they’ll be covering as well as the tough three day agenda they’ll be following:
- Friday June 30th: Ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge (PM)
- Saturday July 1st: Zeebrugge to Antwerp (113km)
- Sunday July 2nd: Antwerp to Lille (143km)
- Monday July 3rd: Lille to Zeebrugge (90km)
- Monday July 3rd: Ferry from Zeebrugge to Hull, arriving into Hull Tuesday July 4th
In addition to the Tour de Europe challenge, we also run an annual charity 5-a-side and a tuck shop with all proceeds going to our chosen charity.